By Barry Roskin Blake With the frightening statistics just announced that we are only just a little bit away from the majority of the country being overweight and over forty percent obese, it seems like the end is near. Just a decade ago we really started to wake up and push films and initiatives in [...]
Tag Archives | junkfood
When I lost both of my dogs last month, I went into the deepest form of depression that I have ever experienced. Luckily my friends stood by me, but there was not much they could do to help my inevitable pain. To mourn, I wanted food… and not necessarily the good kind. I knew if [...]
You must think I am crazy, but there is a level of seriousness to it. Miss Piggy is one of the most beloved characters within the crew of Muppets… but she certainly has a weight problem. The audience can see her as a prototype of the overweight people they like to make fun of. Yet [...]
A Special Guest Blog By: Courtney Mueller, Co-Producer of “Finding Thin” Another milestone happened in my life; Sunday I turned 25 years old. My quarter life crisis. Naturally I celebrated the entire Memorial Day weekend surrounded by friends and family. The parties varied with the people, location, and overall birthday feel, but there was one [...]
A Special Guest Blog By: Courtney Mueller, Co-Producer of “Finding Thin” When I was little, my best friend and I would rollerblade to our local McDonalds once a week. Every week we shakily crossed the busiest street in town, rolling with determination towards our favorite meal. We didn’t mind the threat of speeding traffic, we [...]
Almost three years ago I began the quest for “Finding Thin.” During my quest to find thin, I started to gain even more weight. Traveling all around the country interviewing Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Tony Horton and more, was extremely stressful and offered very few healthy eating opportunities throughout the way. In truth, I used [...]
This is a guest post by Chris Steurer How many times have you walked to fridge and looked inside to see it loaded with a variety of food options and still thought to yourself; “There is nothing to eat”? Generally after that we move on to the cupboards or the pantry and think the same [...]
Of all the things we associate with our ethnicity, food is probably at the top of the list. American immigrants may be eager to eschew their ethnic dress, music, and language for the sake of acclimating to this culture… but their food? They’ll hang on to that, thanks. The resilience of ethnic cuisine is much [...]
This is a guest post by Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., author of “The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person” and President of Beck Institute for Cognitive Therapy and Research. Chronic dieters often have beliefs about emotional distress and eating that interfere with losing weight or keeping it off. They express [...]
With the flooding of my media room the other day, I really did not know if I would turn to food. But even with all of my precious belongings ruined and under water with weeks of replacing and rebuilding ahead of me, I will persevere. Of course food does seem like a very tempting offer [...]
- My Position on Fat Acceptance March 12, 2010
- Am I Too Fat To Be Loved? November 8, 2010
- How To Start Exercising Again After Weight Gain October 24, 2011
- JERRY LEWIS ENDS HIS CAREER AND STEPS DOWN FROM THE MDA August 4, 2011
- The Office Candy Bowl Diet For Weight Loss April 13, 2011
- Why The Food Industry Wants Us Fat and Dieting April 10, 2013
- Woman removes gastric band, says being thin was ‘awful’ April 9, 2013
- The Dynasty Diet? Joan Collins Secret to Staying Fit April 9, 2013
- I Refuse To Die From Obesity March 4, 2013
- White House Doctor Fears Governor Christie Will Die In Office February 8, 2013
- The 99 Cent Fast Food Diet | Finding Thin – The Official Blog | Kebab Beysan: [...] Here is the original post: The 99 Cent Fast ...
- dating online free: I like reading by means of your internet site. I h...
- gestational diabetes: your blog is actually incredible....
- Jill Cruz: I highly doubt it was butter that made her have di...
- voiceinwords: I think most doctors would agree that someone this...
- Why The Food Industry Wants Us Fat and Dieting
- Woman removes gastric band, says being thin was ‘awful’
- The Dynasty Diet? Joan Collins Secret to Staying Fit
- I Refuse To Die From Obesity
- White House Doctor Fears Governor Christie Will Die In Office
- Why Weight Loss Winners Are Dying To Succeed
- Paula Deen’s Butter Flavored Career Is Over
- The New Coma Diet Arrives
- The 99 Cent Fast Food Diet
- Weight Watchers Takes A New Turn